So to have you covered and ensure you cook the best of food this Diwali, we will be publishing few recipes over the next three days. But one at a time, first up we have a recipe of Pistewali Shahi Kofte by Maharaj Hemaram Choudhary, Corporate Chef of Rasovara.
For The Koftas
- 1 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- ½ cup Grated mawa
- 3 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 tsp chopped cashew
- 1 tsp chopped pista
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
For the curry
- 1/2 cup pistachios , blanched and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup curd
- 2 large onion
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1.2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8-10 cashew pieces
- 2 tbsp cream
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp kasoori methi
- 1 tbsp ghee
Making the kofta
- Take grated mawa, maida , grated paneer, chopped cashew, chopped pista , baking powder and salt in a plate and knead it to make soft dough.
- Make small round balls and fry it in oil in a pan till it becomes golden brown.
- Repeat the same for all the dough .
- Keep on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Put fried Kofta in warm luke water for 10-15 minutes and drain it.
Completing the dish
- Take the blanched pistachio , green chilli , water and grind it into fine paste. Keep aside
- Grind the onions into coarse paste and keep aside
- In a small pan fry the cashew and keep aside
- Add desi ghee in a pan. For tempering , put cumin seeds & allow it to crackle
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Add the onion paste , salt and sauté for 3- 4 minutes
- Add the white pepper powder , black pepper, turmeric,red chilli powder , kasuri methi, garam masala and sauté for few minutes
- Add the prepared pista paste , cream and mix well.
- Add the kofta , fried cashew and mix well
- Garnish with chopped pistachio, coriander