Installed at malls, cafes, restaurants, tech parks, multiplexes and gyms, they have been selected to cater to both, four-wheelers and two-wheelers. For this, Ather has partnered with host locations, who have installed Points pro-bono at their premises to offer a convenient experience for all EV owners in the city. To improve EV ownership experience and increase adoption, AtherGrid and its accompanying app will be offered for free for the next 6 months to all electric vehicle owners. Using cloud connectivity, consumers can find the nearest Point available and navigate to the charging location using the app. Remotely monitoring charge status and integrated payment options offers EV owners a seamless charging experience.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Tarun Mehta, Co-founder & CEO, Ather Energy said, “Electric vehicles cannot become a viable alternative without making charging infrastructure availability a greater priority. It is critical for us to make public charging convenient and accessible. This is an important step towards increased adoption and acceptance of electric vehicles and in the long run will have a positive effect on the cost of the vehicles themselves. The number of entrepreneurs and businesses that have come aboard to be a part of AtherGrid is also a testament to the future of electric vehicles. As we prepare ourselves for the launch of the Ather S340, Bangalore was a natural choice to be the home city for AtherGrid. Range anxiety and the inconvenience associated with charging will not be a deterrent to adoption, as the industry grows.”
Ather’s Points have been designed and manufactured in India, keeping in mind the needs of the domestic power grid. Safety features ensure that electricity is drawn only when connected to a vehicle and protects vehicles from overcharging with auto power cut off. Electric vehicles will be protected from under voltage, overvoltage and overcurrent. And with an IP55 rated body it is safe to use in any weather.
- Fast Charging Capability – 2.5 kW
- AC + DC Charging
- S340 Charging Speed: 0-80% in 50 mins
- Cloud Connectivity – GSM and Ethernet Connectivity
- Temperature Sensing for Optimized Charging
- Authenticated Power Transfer: Electricity drawn only when connected to the vehicle
- Auto Power Cutoff
- Dynamic Switching between Points to maximize asset utilization
- CAN enabled communication between Points, Vehicle and Distribution Box
- IP55 Pod & IP54 Distribution Box
- UV Resistant & Weatherproof body
- Protection against Undervoltage, Overvoltage and Overcurrent